BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Our mission is to support the professional advancement of metal building contractors, erectors, and our industry.
Learn more about us through our Who is and What is MBCEA videos on our gallery page. Some of the benefits of MBCEA membership include:
- Top quality metal building training and education. MBCEA Members receive a discount code in order to access the Quality and Craftsmanship 101 (11-module) Training Series, which covers a general overview of all phases of metal building erection, at Metal Buildings Institute at no cost($500 annual subscription cost to non-members). There is an opportunity to purchase online tests for you and your employees and be recognized as Quality Assured Craftsmen by the Metal Buildings Institute.
- MBCEA e-newsletter. This powerful tool full of helpful tips can be sent to as many people in your organization as you like.
- The MBCEA is the premier place to network with the Metal Building Industry. Members report the advice and best practice gleaned from the “grey hair” in our network is invaluable and well worth the price of membership. Similarly, members are encouraged to participate in our Mentor Program. Participants are matched with a trusted advisor at no charge for business advice and assistance exclusive to the Metal Building Systems Industry.
- Crew sourcing and free placement of ads on the website.
- The latest developments in our ground-breaking Metal Building Assemblers Accreditation Program.
- Member-only Resources such as the Employee Safety Guide (available in English or Spanish), toolbox talks, checklists ad contract documents.
- Members are highlighted in a searchable Directory, which is used worldwide by companies seeking Contractors and Erectors.
- MBCEA members also receive discounted fees for the annual MBCEA Conference and chapter meetings. Attendance at local and national meetings is the best way to capitalize on the power of our network and to build professional relationships and exchange ideas with others and learn from their experiences. Low cost training like OSHA-10, First Aid/CPR, Manlift Training, etc. is also offered in many of the chapters.
- The MBCEA is not just for contractor and erectors. Many suppliers are members. The Association provides a closed loop, captive audience. Our members want to know about new products and new processes. Erectors need to learn/hear about new trends to stay current and be competitive. Chapter events and the Annual Conference are perfect showcase opportunities.
To become a member, sign up or for more information, contact:
I join an association based on what I can get out of it. I want to be in a group that helps me improve my processes and profitability. The MBCEA is an organization that puts metal building contractors and erectors in touch with their national peer group. They provide extensive training capabilities through MBI and provide valuable assistance with the AC478 certification. The yearly meetings allow builders and erectors to visit with vendors who provide materials and equipment used in our industry. Members can find erectors or put themselves out to bid on the MBCEA website.
-Jennifer Heimburger, Heimburger Construction
My first reason for joining was the opportunity for mentoring. I've learned a wealth of information from many skilled people that I apply every day in my business. Second reason for joining was access to training for my men and myself. These opportunities have led to our Apprenticeship Program and AC478. I tell other erectors that the amount I've gained in knowledge, guidance and opportunities far exceeds the incredibly small amount we pay in dues.
-Steve Moore, MMS Northeast
My first exposure to the MBCEA was at METALCON years ago when we purchased two sets of the training DVDs that the entire sales force was forced to watch and pass the quizzes. I was impressed that the MBCEA offered training tools like this that not only educated the erectors, but also the suppliers. The trainings offered by the chapters at the local level is a huge asset to both erectors and suppliers.
The advantage as a supplier/manufacturer is the direct exposure to the people that use our product. We get valuable first-hand feedback on what works and what doesn’t. Not to mention, the creative ideas on ways to innovate new products that help with the building assembly process.
The MBCEA is one of the most unique associations I belong to. At the National Conference and the local chapter level the association brings competitors together to help them network to share ideas and even share jobs that may be larger than one erector can handle. The emails that are sent out to all members to announce available crews looking for work and conversely builders that need additional crews show the strength of the association by using positive networking to benefit the industry.
– Andy Lee