Metal Building System Assemblers Accreditation is a Strong Value!
AC478 accreditation provides tangible proof that you have the personnel, organization, experience, knowledge, management procedures and commitment to assemble metal building systems. It is a standard to level the playing field and improve the end product.
Benefits for accredited companies may include:
- A competitive edge in the marketplace and a marketing advantage that improves your ability to secure new business.
- Opportunities to bid on projects that include specification language requiring IAS accreditation to AC478 for qualified assemblers.
- Reduction in assembly costs. The accreditation process includes criteria (i.e. training, procedures, internal audits, etc.) that are tools to help companies reduce errors and associated costs during construction.
- Enhanced risk management and risk reduction.
- Public commitment to excellence. IAS accreditation shows that an assembler is serious about setting, achieving and maintaining high standards.
- Confidence of the marketplace. Architects, specifiers, owners and members of the public have greater confidence in a company that has been accredited and is continually working to improve its services.
- Opportunities to partner with the nation’s leading, accredited companies that manufacture and design metal building systems, and their customers. The Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA) requires its members to be accredited to IAS AC472.
- For prospective customers, accreditation serves a consumer protection purpose. It provides assurance that the company has been independently evaluated and has met approved standards established by and with the profession.
- For the federal government and other regulatory agencies, it may serve as a basis for determining eligibility for federally and state-funded projects.