MAD Session: Safety Considerations and Best Practices for Hot Work
Please join us for a one-hour session on Safety Considerations and Best Practices for Hot Work on Friday, September 29, presented by Craig Shaffer, SafetyWorks, Inc.
Here’s what we'll cover:
- What is considered “hot work” & what hazards are inherent to it (what’s at stake)
- OSHA & NFPA 51B
- Where is hot work prohibited & when is a permit required
- What is a hot work permit (HWP), what is its purpose, & what does it contain
- How & when to complete a HWP (incl. on multi-employer worksites)
- Key players & their responsibilities – permit authorizing individual, crew competent person, hot work personnel, fire watch personnel
- Fire watch – what is it, when required, how long, when expanded fire watch is needed; fire watch responsibilities
- Hot work ops pre-work briefing & stop work authority
- Training booklet/reference
- Online test with Certificate of Completion
This will be offered in a hybrid format, in person or virtually. See the Registration Form for additional information and return by 9/22.