Metal Building Erector - OR
The JB Steel, Inc. team is looking for a Metal Building Erector.
Who we’re looking for
We are a commercial contractor located in Medford, OR. Metal Buildings are our specialty, and we are looking for an iron worker / metal building erector with experience hanging red iron and erecting Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings. If you’re up to the challenge, bring your bags and we will provide the rest.
Your workday might look like this
- Bolt and weld metal beams and columns together and ensure all are properly level
- Use cranes and telehandlers to hoist and position metal components into place
- Rig, hoist and move metallic items within the work area
- Dismantle steelworks for renovation or demo purposes
- Cut and weld metal sections using metal shears, torches, and welding equipment
- Erect precast concrete components for metal structures
- Assemble hoisting equipment or rigging, including cables, pulleys and hooks
You need to have
- Commercial Construction Experience
- Metal Building Installation Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with team and supervisors
- Ability to travel to out of town jobs
- Reliable transportation to get to and from job sites
- OSHA 10 or 30 a plus
We work Monday through Fridays and overtime if needed. Benefits include travel incentives (including pay differentials and per diem), health and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k) Plan. To apply for this position send us your resume and cover letter. We are an EOE and maintain a Drug Free work place.